© 2024 ALLCITY Network Inc.
All rights reserved.
Good morning, Chicago!
Januarys are usually not that great for sports towns like Chicago that aren’t blessed with regular NFL playoff game. They’re cold, bleak and often monotonous.
And yet when I look back on the short history of CHGO, I’m not sure we’ve ever had a bigger or better week than the one we just experienced.
In fact, if someone were to ask me what our network is all about, I’d show them the amazing blend of content and passion the entire CHGO crew worked hard to produce in less than a seven-day span.
• CHGO Bulls took over Paris, producing must-watch podcasts with the biggest NBA outlet in Europe, hanging out with our guy Ayo Dosunmu at the Louvre and making memories with Joakim Noah at a meetup before the game. If you weren’t able to make the trip, they kept a day-by-day journal that we can all live vicariously through.
• CHGO Bears was all over the Kevin Warren press conference, including an insightful sitdown interview with the man himself. We also started putting in plans for the best Bears-focused NFL draft coverage you’re going to find anywhere.
• CHGO Cubs started rolling out interviews with a number of Chicago Cubs players that they met with at the Cubs Convention. First up: Adbert Alzolay talking about how hard it was to not see his family in Venezuela for five years.
• CHGO White Sox hooked up with Cy Young runner up Dylan Cease for a 1-on-1 chat as he prepares for another season on the South Side.
• CHGO Blackhawks announced its first ever takeover, a February 10 meetup that has been our fastest-sellling event to date and includes the newest CHGO hockey t-shirt and a pregame party at the Goose Island Pub in the United Center. (We only have 11 tickets left so you’ll want to jump on that quick — $65 for non-Diehards, $52 if you take the plunge).
Oh, and we announced Goose Island as CHGO’s official beer, one of the biggest and most important partnerships we’ve made to date. Our launch video was exclusively conceived and created in-house and I have to say it looks pretty freakin’ cool.
Building the ultimate hangout for Chicago sports fans would not be possible without the support from our audience, our Diehards and our partners. Thank you for letting us work hard each day to create this special and unique place.
The Week Ahead
• Hope the Bulls are recovered from their trip, because they’re starting a busy and decisive stretch heading into the February 9 trade deadline. They get Atlanta at the United Center tonight before a three-game road trip through Indiana (Tuesday), Charlotte (Thursday) and Orlando (Saturday). The Bulls are 21-24 and sit 10th in the Eastern Conference standings.
• The Blackhawks, who have been one of the hottest teams in the league before last night’ loss to Los Angeles, are hitting the road before the All-Star Game. Vancouver on Tuesday, Calgary on Thursday and Edmonton on Saturday. Make sure you listen to Jay Zawaski’s tribute to the great Lin Brehmer, too.
• The Sky will be figuring out their future as WNBA free agency is now open. Players in need of a contract include Candace Parker, Courtney Vandersloot, Allie Quigly, Azura Stevens and Emma Meesseman.
Get Chicago's Best Sports Content In Your Inbox!
Become a smarter Chicago sports fan with the latest game recaps, analysis and exclusive content from CHGO’s writers and podcasters!
Just drop your email below!
Get Our Best Cubs Content In Your Inbox!
Become a smarter Chicago Cubs fan with Ryan Herrera's Cubs Newsletter!
Just drop your email below!